Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I tried to be...



Relaxing this morning with my littlest playing in the background, savoring a cup of coffee and listening to Pandora this song came on... not one I'd heard before but the chorus hit my heart. Listening closer I realized how much the lyrics applied to so many relationships in my life, from childhood to present. As I'm listening relating the lyrics to my life God began to whisper to my heart, the kind of comfort and peace that only He can bring when all else seems to crumble around your feet. Having always struggled with trying (...to be perfect, to be everything they wanted, to be smarter, prettier, more fun to be around) and relying on the other person in whichever relationship to recognize my trying and want me. What I missed was the simple truth that I'm trying for the wrong person. My focus should be on trying to be everything for only One, the One who whispers the much needed comfort and peace. L~

No comments:

Post a Comment