Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Procrastination

Having the last few days off has been nice, I feel more centered, or balanced I suppose, when I'm not working. It's a bitter sweet kind of deal because I worked so hard (I can't even begin to describe how hard those years were for my family) to get to where I am and now that I'm here I feel like it's not benefiting anyone other than financially. But that's another post for another time.

This morning I'm enjoying my usual day off routine of coffee, reading and listening to my littlest play in the background. It's pouring outside, the kind of rain that makes you wonder if you should start searching out Gopher wood (kudos to those that get that reference!). I'm procrastinating on an assignment that is coming due, a rather largish paper of which I have yet to decide the topic. This will be the final project for my current class. A little history on this class: I was told I had to pick between Statistics and Exploring the 60's... well naturally what else would I choose?!? Not realizing this is a sociology course mostly about politics. I'm desperately trying to muddle my way through this one. Not my favorite. But that's okay, it's one more class closer to my goal.

Hopefully this rainy day will bring a flood of creative thoughts to my lax brain and fill me with the inspiration and motivation needed to get this bugger of a paper written, edited and turned in before my next torturous round of night shifts come up. Til then I'm off to enjoy this delicious coffee... L~


No comments:

Post a Comment